Sunday, March 27, 2011

COUNTRY OR CITY???

Hard to even say city. We live in a village of 1500 people. We have no backyard neighbors, just a field with the occasional tractor or 4 wheeler going past. However, I find myself wanting more country. Today we went to an open house 1 mile outside of our town. Awesome property with barns, sheds, garages... and an old farmhouse. The house in great condition, but old houses just have a different layout. For Jed to use the toilet he would have to sit sideways. Well, that is just not going to work. The stairway is so narrow and with a couple of turns, the only option for getting furniture upstairs is through a window.
I think this place just brought back so many childhood memories and is exactly where I have always pictured raising my family. It is so amazing how one little thing or smell can flood you with so many memories and emotions. Lots of tears on the 2 minute drive back home. (I cry very easily right now).
I have always said and will always work hard to make the very best life for my family wherever that means we are meant to be. Even if it means a city with backyard neighbors. But, I will always have a dream of that perfect place in the country.

No comments: